Re: Flash plugin status

From: Colin Percival <cperciva_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 04:18:58 -0700
Jona Joachim wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:15:31 +0200
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> wrote:
>> Jona Joachim <jaj_at_hcl-club.lu> writes:
>>> Do you want the FreeBSD Foundation to work against our freedom and
>>> encourage the use of proprietary binary formats on the World Wide
>>> Web?
>>
>> I think you're confusing the FreeBSD Foundation with the Free Software
>> Foundation.  The FreeBSD Foundation does not have a political agenda.
>
> The FreeBSD Foundation supports and represents the FreeBSD Project.

No.  The FreeBSD Foundation supports the FreeBSD Project.  The FreeBSD
Core Team represents the FreeBSD Project.

> Are you saying that the FreeBSD Project, along with the FreeBSD
> Foundation don't care about free software?

I'm sure the FreeBSD Project and the FreeBSD Foundation both care a great
deal about free software -- but I don't think either believes in the idea
of preserving freedom by placing restrictions on what people are allowed
to do, as George W. Bush and Richard Stallman have espoused of late.

Colin Percival