Re: Openat() and fexecve() committed

From: Bruce M. Simpson <bms_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:54:34 +0100
Garrett Wollman wrote:
> The 2008 version has not yet been ratified, so it is not available to
> the "general public".  Those who care enough to join the committee (by
> signing up for the mailing-list, essentially) can get a password which
> will allow them to read the latest draft, which I believe is supposed
> to go out to ballot soon.

I just skimmed what I could find about the *at() syscalls. Whilst this
strikes me as useful, and fit for the purpose it's described for (avoid
race conditions), it also gives me the heebie jeebies, as it involves
the addition of yet another bunch of syscalls with slightly different
semantics, to an already large flat namespace.

I hope someone adds some nice syntactic sugar to Python for it once it's
ready.

cheese
BMS