RE: Only 100baseTX with bge BCM5722

From: Josep Pujadas i Jubany <josep_at_bellera.cat>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 09:18:40 +0200
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:44:40 -0700, David Christensen wrote

> > The conclusion is if using FreeBSD 7.0, BCM5722 must be
> > included in the following source files:
> >
> > /usr/src/sys/dev/bge/if_bge.c
> > /usr/src/sys/dev/bge/if_bgereg.h
> > /usr/src/sys/dev/mii/miidevs
> > /usr/src/sys/dev/mii/brgphy.c
>
> Great! Looks like we've gained another expert.  If you want to send
> me the diffs I'll check them out and commit them to the RELENG_7 branch.
>
> Dave

Dave,

I'm not familiar with version changes, but BCM5722 was included in HEAD
about two weeks ago:

http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/dev/bge
http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/dev/mii

I discovered this with your answer.

In fact, there are more changes in HEAD at if_bge.c and if_bgereg.h than I
made. In particular the code contains lines for BCM5722_A0. I don't know if
this changes are necessary for me. I'm working without them.

If you need my diffs I can send to you, of course. But if I correctly
understud how it works http://fxr.watson.org I think changes are committed.

Regards,

Josep Pujadas