Re: Reproducable Kernel HARD lockup

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H <ml_at_t-b-o-h.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:28:34 -0400 (EDT)

> On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 11:09:48AM -0400, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> > 	No, sorry. I have 7 ethernet, 2 serial, CF, IDE and USB
> > on the device dying. I have 1 ethernet, 1 modem, 2 USB, 2 PCMCIA,
> > parallel port on my other 7.0 system (OLD Toshiba Laptop).
>
> Your best bet if probably a USB-to-RS232 adaptor to get access to the
> Soekris' console from the laptop. That should make debugging quite a
> bit easier.

	I can already get to the main console on the Soekris. Problem is
that it goes south on me. I've determined that while everything is happy,
I can <CR>~^b and get to the kernel debugger fine. However, once it locks
up, all bets are off.  Its the machine that has 7.0 on it to do remote debug
that doesn't have any sort of serial ports. So if I need a 7.0 to remote
debug with, I'm at a loss. If its just a normal serial console on the
Soekris, I have it, but once the kernel locks I can't even bring it to
DDB.

> > I'm also a little limited by supplies. I'm 9 miles off paved road
> > on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. Supplies aren't scheduled to be
> > brought in to me until the 12th. Its an 11 mile walk to my car.
> > Great view though. :-/
>
> At least you have internet there ;)

	Fortunately I have dual internet. Wireless Broadband and Satellite.
Satellite has been flaky (I'm not sure if its the antenna, or the lousy
lousy lousy weather the last week). Wireless Broadband went down for an
hour when a set of backhauls locked up at the SAME MINUTE.

	If I need anything computer oriented, I need to know ASAP since
the nearest "REAL" computer store is 90 miles away.

		Tuc