Re: [RFC] Automated generation of /etc/resolv.conf from the rc.d script

From: Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd_at_codelabs.ru>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:40:19 +0400
Zaphod, good day.

Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 09:52:05PM +0400, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 01:44:53PM -0400, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
> > Yes... well to be more clear, the OpenBSD dhclient didn't call
> > dhclient-script for the EXIT cause.  In fact, IIRC, the OpenBSD dhclient
> > only called dhclient-script (which contains your code snippet) only for the
> > initial setup (setting flags on the interface and such)  The dhclient-script
> > included with the OpenBSD dhclient (or at least the one we use) is largely
> > the same as the isc-dhclient script.  If you instrument the dhclient-script
> > with some logging to check when it's called by dhclient, you may find it
> > isn't called the documented number of times.
>
> OK, will check the FreeBSD's dhclient.  Thanks!

Checked the source -- seems like the script_init/script_go is called
the proper number of times, but the EXIT cause is missing.  And I
see that dhclient-script is called on the lease renewals too: the
forwarders file is renewed.  The EXIT is not relevant to me now,
but I will think of possible scenarios where it would be needed.

Do you know why the EXIT case is unhandled?
--
Eygene