Re: 7.0 and 8-CURRENT hang on boot on MacBook Pro

From: Florian Smeets <flo_at_kasimir.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:36:55 +0200
Jonathan Weiss wrote:

> Is this a known problem?

Hi Jonathan,

yes it is know to me and i reported the problem here
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?47D93C6F.2080105 but i did not get
any further.

I was hoping that the recent ata changes would cure the problem but they
did not. I created an 8-CURRENT release today with all the latest ata
changes Søren committed today. The machine still hangs after the dvd
drive is detected, there are a few new messages however; they can be
seen on this picture: http://beast.solomo.de/~flo/sata-hang-new.jpg

Cheers,
Florian