Re: ZFS file caching question

From: Ben Stuyts <ben_at_altesco.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:40:23 +0200
On 23 apr 2008, at 16:49, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

>>> Hmm.. Could this be the cause of the problems with ZFS and mmap'ed
>>> files?
>>
>> What problems do you mean?  There were coherency problems but I think
>> they were fixed.
>
> The last I saw about this on -current was:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2008-February/083396.html
>
> This seemed to terminate with people disabling mmap in the
> applications, not with a fix to ZFS.  Maybe I missed a commit..

I recently had to disable mmap in dovecot on zfs, it created corrupted
index files. After disabling mmap, it worked fine. 7-Stable from three
weeks ago, have not retested recently. (It's a production server now.)
Also some info here: <http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-April/029880.html

Ben