Re: [REGRESSION] Vap and ifconfig on boot

From: Brooks Davis <brooks_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:59:34 -0500
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:35:09PM +0200, David Naylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before vap if someone specified ifconfig_iwn0 then if_iwn.ko would be kldload
> on boot should the interface not be found, and the driver not already active
> (built into the kernel or loaded).  However now it appears that with
> wlans_iwn0="wlan0" does not result in if_iwn.ko being kldloaded.
>
> Thought your should know.  Apologies if this is a false positive.

Unless you were setting the network_interfaces variable manually
(a deprecated configuration), I'd be pretty surprised if this were
the case.  The rc system has not way of knowing what ifconfig_<ifn>
variables are set so it wouldn't call ifconfig and trigger an autoload.
I'm willing to be proved wrong, but I don't think I am...

-- Brooks