Re: [iwn driver] SIOCS80211 error on 4965AGN

From: jt <unk.nown_at_unix.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:36:44 -0400
Rohit,

a few things -- i assume that you are running current? -- have you set the
machine up following /usr/src/UPDATING?

if not -- this entry might be of some service --

20080420:
        The 802.11 wireless support was redone to enable multi-bss
        operation on devices that are capable.  The underlying device
        is no longer used directly but instead wlanX devices are
        cloned with ifconfig.  This requires changes to rc.conf files.
        For example, change:
                ifconfig_ath0="WPA DHCP"
                wlans_ath0=wlan0
                ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
        see rc.conf(5) for more details.  In addition, mergemaster of
        /etc/rc.d is highly recommended.  Simultaneous update of userland
        and kernel wouldn't hurt either.

        As part of the multi-bss changes the wlan_scan_ap and wlan_scan_sta
        modules were merged into the base wlan module.  All references
        to these modules (e.g. in kernel config files) must be removed.

hope this helps,

/jT
lk dev