Re: [O/T] svn co fails for usr.bin/window

From: Marcin Wisnicki <mwisnicki+freebsd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:45:58 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:00:37 -0400, rohit.x.tripathi wrote:

> Thank you, it checks out fine now under linux and freebsd now, but under
> windows with tortoise svn throws the following error (due to unknown
> reasons, might be something with my environment):

If you really need to use windows, try cygwin with managed mounts:

  mkdir c:/cygwin/usr/src.managed
  mount -o managed c:/cygwin/usr/src.managed /usr/src

This will give you full unix semantics within /usr/src.
Obviously it works only with cygwin apps (windows will only see url-
encoded file names), so you can forget about tortoise.