Re: Freeswitch on latest FBSD

From: Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt_at_burggraben.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:02:23 +0200
## Erol Akarsu (eakarsu_33_at_yahoo.com):

> Can you help me on setting other limits? I did the following but it did
> not change.
> I would like this like I do in linux:

When using ulimit, you have to be aware of two things:
First, ulimit is a shell builtin, so usage may differ slightly from
shell to shell. Check your shell's documentation for details,
especially if you are not using bash on FreeBSD.
Second, the maximum settings might be limited by entries in
/etc/login.conf and/or kernel tunables not available via sysctl
(they are set via /boot/loader.conf). On the former, see login.conf(5),
on the latter, see tuning(7) and loader(8) and related for details.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space