Re: sun4v arch

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 22:40:55 -0500
On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 06:52:07PM -0700, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> There is a better interpretation, which is that the only critical issue
> is lack of real users for this port, not lack of serial port support :).

My understanding is the the port is in a pre-alpha state due to unfinished
work in the kernel, so expecting there to be any userbase is premature.

All of our 'new' architectures which are in this state have so few non-
developer users that there is hardly any reason to submit PRs.  AFAICT
the active developers already know what's missing :-)

Our implementation of GNATS barely serves us as a problem report system;
it fails almost completely as a system for listing missing features.  We
would need to have something like that to track the status of the non-
Tier-1 ports.  (I used to maintain a table of how feature-complete the
various ports are, but it is now way out of date.)

mcl