Re: How about AMD Puma platform support?

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 23:14:56 +0300
Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 02:37:51 +0900
> Norikatsu Shigemura <nork_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> 	Because pcm0 and pcm2 is only mixer device.
>
> 	Oops, sorry!  pcm0 is HDMI Audio.  Sorry, I can't test on HDMI.
> 	Because I don't have any HDMI device.

Yes, you are right:
  pcm0 is HDMI playback,
  pcm1 is analog playback/record,
  pcm2 is SPDIF playback.

As I can see in logs, driver processed your system good enough. The only
codec feature left unsupported is the precise analog master volume (vol
on pcm1). I have just uploaded new patch version to the
http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/. I expect that it should fix this
problem. If you can test it - check master volume control now send me
new dmesg output please.

Also I am interested to test recording source selection. Your second
codec supports mixed recording on pcm1, so you can record from several
sources specified with mixer same time (in addition to recording from
total input mix named "mix"). I am unable to test this on my hardware,
so I would be grateful if you can do it.

--
Alexander Motin