Re: HEADS UP: New ZFS in the tree.

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 00:29:25 +0100
> I've noticed the past couple of days, when using the server (not very
> often), every now and then, the GUI (KDE 4.1) will "hang" for up to 5
> minutes (no mouse movement, no keyboard events), while the drives work like
> crazy.

I was not explicit about it, but FWIW in my case the hang is not due
to drive saturation. The drives were mostly idle (except some stuff
triggered by a buildworld I had going) during the extended period of
ktorrent being unkillable. But again I never had this happen
pre-CURRENT.

>  The drives will quiet, and everything will go back to working all
> nice and snappy.  Most noticeable when new torrents start to download (pre-
> allocate space for new torrents is disabled), or when combined download rate
> goes above 100 KBps, or combined up/down rate goes above 200 KBps.

FWIW I never see any problems at all, even normally, until at least a
couple of megabytes (not megabits) per second of throughput.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org