Re: ASUS Eee PC S101

From: Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd_at_codelabs.ru>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:30:15 +0300
Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 11:17:02AM +0300, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> The manual page clearly states it should be set at boot.

Yes, but how?  It will be friendly to the reader of psm who wants
Synaptics support to provide the reference right in the manual.

> The /boot/loader.conf isn't the single possible way to achive
> this, you can aslo set this manually in loaded,

Point taken, the attached patch says about it.

> or there might be another ways to set kenv variables in another
> bootloaders.

Hmm, I think that it is out of the scope for psm(4).  We can even write
some kernel module that will hack the psm driver to activate Synaptics,
but it is not the thing that should be mentioned in the psm(4) ;))

> Claiming that the variable should be set in /boot/loader.conf
> isn't good, I think.

OK, but what about the modified patch for psm(4) page?

Thanks.
--
Eygene