Re: Call for testers: Atheros AR8121(L1E)/AR8113/AR8114(L2E) ethernet

From: Josh Carroll <josh.carroll_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:03:04 -0500
> Yes, but msk(4) had hacks in e100phy(4) to enable flow-controls.
> I don't want to add these hacks to all other drivers in tree.

Thanks for the explanation! I certainly understand not wanting to put
non-standard hacks into the code. I imagine the number of people
affected by this is minimal (like I said, the overall
throughput/performance was fine). I'll just consider getting a PCI-E
em(4) in the future if the PCI bus begins to become a bottleneck for
me, which is unlikely as I have no raid in any of the connected
machines with gigE.

Regards,
Josh