ddb and usb keyboards

From: Alexander Best <alexbestms_at_math.uni-muenster.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:58:50 +0100 (CET)
hi there,

i'm not able to use my usb keyboard under ddb. this seems to be a known issue.
are there any patches available which solve this problem?

a possible solution in my case would be to disable usb-keyboard detection. i'm
currently running my keyboard in legacy mode. that way i can use it to access
the bootloader. if i understood it correctly the usb-legacy mode puts the usb
keyboard into some kind of atkbd emulation mode. if i could somehow tell
freebsd not to attach my keyboard as a usb device i could use it as a regular
atkbd.

cheers.
alex