u3g supports LongCheer WM66 HSDPA Modem

From: Antonio A Hilario <avahilario_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:25:59 +0800
Hello all,

I managed to get my LongCheer WM66 HSDPA modem working using the u3g driver,
after several weeks of getting by with ubsa.

The device is a ZeroCD device which uses these vendor IDs:

Mass storage mode:

vendor 0x1c9e
product 0x1001

HSDPA mode:

vendoer 0x1c9e
product 0x6061

This requires patching /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/u3g.c, in 7.1-PRERELEASE

    {{ USB_VENDOR_HUAWEI, USB_PRODUCT_HUAWEI_MOBILE },
U3GSP_HSDPA,    U3GFL_HUAWEI_INIT },
+  {{ USB_VENDOR_LONGCHEER, USB_PRODUCT_LONGCHEER_WM66 },
U3GSP_HSDPA,    U3GFL_HUAWEI_INIT | U3GFL_SCSI_EJECT },
    {{ USB_VENDOR_HUAWEI, USB_PRODUCT_HUAWEI_E220 },
U3GSP_HSPA,     U3GFL_HUAWEI_INIT },

as well as /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs

vendor LONGCHEER  0x1c9e  Longcheer Holdings, Ltd.

product LONGCHEER WM66 0x6061 WM66 HSDPA USB Modem

The driver creates three devices /dev/ttyU0.%d, of which the first is used as
the device's AT command interface:

Dec 20 16:41:45 emily ucom0: <USB Modem USB Modem, class 0/0, rev 1.10/0.00,
addr 3> on uhub4
Dec 20 16:41:45 emily ucom0: configured 3 serial ports (U0.%d)

My thanks for the work done on u3g! Device works beautifully under minicom and
with ppp, and am able to attain ~ 40kBps with our carrier - *without* those
annoying stalls I got under UBSA.

- Antonio

--
Antonio Hilario

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cevera Technology Group Inc.
22/F Yuchengco Tower One
RCBC Plaza, Ayala Ave. cor. G.Puyat Ave.
Makati City, Philippines
MANILA: +632-757-4888 ext. 837
+1-650-292-2416
+1-650-242-4691
Mobile: +63910-6950451
email: antonio.hilario_at_cevera.com
web: www.cevera.com

CONFIDENTIAL OR PRIVILEGED: This communication contains information intended
only for the use of the individuals to whom it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from other disclosure
under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution or use of the contents is
prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender
immediately by telephone or by returning it by reply email and then
permanently deleting the communication from your system. Thank you.