Re: HEADSUP usb2 (usb4bsd) to become default in 2 weeks.

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky_at_c2i.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:30:32 +0100
On Tuesday 23 December 2008, Remko Lodder wrote:
> On Tue, December 23, 2008 11:03 am, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 December 2008, Pegasus Mc Cleaft wrote:
> >> I believe that the Prolific USB serial adapter is broken on AMD64.  I
> >> tried
> >> one of the adapters on my machine and no matter what serial speed I was
> >> selecting with cu it would come back with an error stating the speed was
> >> unsupported. I moved the adapter to a 8-current machine (i386) with the
> >> usb1 stack and everything worked fine.
> >>
> >> Peg
> >
> > Are you sure that this is not an mpsafetty problem?
>
> Given that he states that it works under the original USB stack, I would
> guess that it's not an MPsafeTTY thingy else it wouldn't work under the
> original stack either.

Try to turn on USB debugging for:

sysctl hw.usb2.ucom.debug=15
sysctl hw.usb2.uftdi.debug=15

Have a look in "/usr/src/sys/dev/usb2/serial/uftdi2.c" and the function:

uftdi_8u232am_getrate().

Extra checks have been added to detect invalid line speeds between USB1 and
USB2.

What rate are you trying to set?

Minimum and maximum rate is defined like this:

        if ((speed < 178) || (speed > ((3000000 * 100) / 97)))
                return (1);             /* prevent numerical overflow */

--HPS

uftdi_8u232am_getrate