Re: No sound from snd_hda

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:32:32 +0200
Ganbold wrote:
> Alexander Motin wrote:
>> Ganbold wrote:
>>
>>> I have same "no audio" problem here with my laptop on CURRENT and
>>> I will play around with device.hints later today.
>>>
>>> Just FYI dmesg and pciconf logs:
>>>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ganbold/dmesg_verbose.log

This is Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa) codec.

I don't have it's datasheet, but according to driver output it is very
simple. There should be no problems with it. Any issues could be only
related to it's external wiring and configuration.

In your case pcm0 is going to be external headphones and mic, pcm1 going
to be speaker an internal mic. As usual it is configurable.

--
Alexander Motin