Re: Changed names of logical disks on recent -CURRENT: part of logical disks not accessible now

From: gelraen <gelraen.ua_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 21:03:01 +0200
2008/12/23 Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt_at_mac.com>:

> I'm thinking about it. I have a couple of things
> I need to do first, 7.1-RC2 being one of them...

I think, I can try to fix this if you give me couple advices (mostly
about what code I should look and change)

I spent some time in thinking about the best way to implement naming
of extended partition.
IMO, the only reasonable way is to sequentially numerate slices. So
the result may look like this:
ad0s3s1      ad0s3s2       ad0s3s3        ad0s3s4        ad0s3s5   ....

Main problem here is detecting which type of naming to use in particilar case.

Marcel, it would be nice if you point me which files in /usr/src I
should look, and, maybe, give link to some short article about GEOM
internal structure. Then I'll be able to stuck deep in sources for a
few days :)