Re: HEADSUP usb2 (usb4bsd) to become default in 2 weeks.

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:12:28 -0800
Sam Leffler wrote:
> I'll offer a different POV.  I think we should switch ASAP and resolve
> open issues (so long as the old code is kept around for folks to fall
> back on).  We cannot ship 8.0 w/ 2 stacks and delaying the inevitable
> will only leave unknown issues closer to the release date and
> potentially delay/extend the release process.

I agree with Sam completely on this point.

While I think that the semi-recent move to a model of -current being
"stable" (in the sense of compiles/runs almost all of the time) is a
welcome one, I think that there are times when we need to bite the
bullet and move forward. Whatever issues that remain in the new code
will not get fixed faster by delaying the switch.

The fact that the old stack will remain as an option for those who
absolutely must have it makes this decision a no-brainer.

Doug