Re: HEADSUP: arp-v2 has been committed

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:07:27 -0800
Julian Elischer wrote:
> Qing Li wrote:
>>

>> I believe examining the impacts of RTF_LLINFO on the ports was a good
>> exercise even if we have to rejuvenate it.
>>
>> I hope we could reach a consensus soon now that we have more input
>> from the ports developers.
>>
>> Please provide your input ...
>
> reintroduce it with value 0
> then teh optimiser should remove dead code...

The worry is that this will cause subtle bugs when code assumes
functionality is present.  We tried yanking this entirely and it's
obviously caused some issues.  The question now is whether to follow
through and accept an incompatibility or put back sufficient
compatibility to enable legacy code to work unchanged.

    Sam