Re: portsnap corrupted

From: Steve Franks <franks_at_rudbek.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:59:06 -0700
On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> long story short: a clean "portsnap fetch && portsnap extract" doesn't extract
> all ports that should be there according to cvsweb and others.

This seems a common question.  I'm the last one who got help on it.
Basically, in my mind the error sounds like there's a problem with the
server, but it's really on your machine.  What you need to do is find
the file where portsnap fetch downloads the ports tarball, and delete
it, then start over.  It's somewhere under /var - google for my last
thread, and you'll find the reply of the good gentleman who helped me
if you can't grep the exact path.

Best,
Steve