Re: Laptop w/ dark screen & no (working) keyboard

From: Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:26:37 -0500
On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 10:04 -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 09:48:28AM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >     The LOR's you reported are known.
>
> Yeah, I expected that.  I included the information in the (unlikely)
> event that they might shed some light on the problem I was reporting.
>
> Using a laptop where the screen fails to light up tends to be difficult.

It is possible that drm is waiting for resources, but I'm doubtful that
drm is the real problem.  It sounds like the screen is going black when
X attempts to start.  You could try disabling drm in your Xorg.conf and
see it that helps. (Option "DRI" "off" in the device section).  Do all
of the drm messages appear on the console before it hangs?  I'm most
suspicious of the acpi errors/warnings, but that isn't an area that I
have experience with.

robert.