Re: DTrace/FreeBSD source snapshot

From: John Birrell <jb_at_what-creek.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 23:21:39 +0000
On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 11:07:28PM +0000, Thomas Hurst wrote:
> Are there no anonymous checkouts from perforce?

Anonymous access to perforce isn't possible because perforce
maintains client state on the server. That's one of the
disadvantages of perforce.

> I remember looking a while ago and not finding anything.  I also
> remember a cvsup server linked to it at some point..

There was, but some hardware problems got in the way of the
export and the files weren't kept up-to-date. Since I am so
close to committing to current, it isn't worth wasting the
project admins' time getting it back up an running when it
will be obsolete soon.

I decide that I could distribute one big tar and then diffs from
that, so although the initial download is huge, keeping the
source tree up-to-date should be just a matter of applying a
patch or two (or twenty).

--
John Birrell