CFT: vr(4)

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:23:34 +0900
Dear all,

Here is overhauled vr(4) that shall address all known issues. PR
database showed vr(4) is not stable enough under high load and
link state handling didn't work as expected as well as its poor
performance. I've tried hard to fix the bugs reported in PR
database for several months. It tooked more time than I had
planned when I received donated hardware.
vr(4) will now
 - work on all architectures.
 - have better Rx performance.
 - have more robust error recovery.
 - reliably detect link state changes.
 - support 32bit perfect multicast filtering for VT6105M.
 - support WOL.

It seems that the overhauled vr(4) runs well under my limited test
environments. Several users already reported success. Because there
are three kinds of Rhine family and lots of variants for the
hardware, I'd like to hear feedback from users priror to commit.
You can get the latest vr(4) at the following URL.

http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vr/if_vr.c
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vr/if_vrreg.h

I wouldn't be available for 7 ~ 10 days from Feb 5, so please don't
expect quick reply.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon