Re: Broken loader on 7.0-RC1

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 14:52:30 +0100 (CET)
Nikolay Pavlov wrote:
 > Ok. I've found the source of the problem. I have "WITHOUT_FORTH=YES"
 > variable in my src.conf. There would be no errors during the compilation
 > with this variable set and you'll get the broken loader.

Well, I wouldn't call it broken.  It just doesn't contain
Forth support, so it won't work with the *.4th files
distributed with FreeBSD.  You should still be able to
boot a FreeBSD system with it, using a customized
loader.rc file.  I haven't tried that, though.

 > I think it should be documented in src.conf manual.

The src.conf(5) manual page clearly says that it disables
Forth support in the boot loader, so what did you expect?
Why did you disable it?

Best regards
   Oliver

Passwords are like underwear.  You don't share them,
you don't hang them on your monitor or under your keyboard,
you don't email them, or put them on a web site,
and you must change them very often.