Re: FreeBSD on Sun Fire X4100 server

From: Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst_at_clara.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 02:27:51 +0000
* Daniel Eischen (deischen_at_freebsd.org) wrote:

> I've searched and haven't found a definitive "this all works" response
> yet.  Is anyone running some form of 7.0 or -current one one of these
> systems?  Does USB keyboard, SAS drives without RAID, and all ethernet
> devices work as expected?

We've been running X4100, X4200's and M2's in production almost since
their release.  No idea about the nForce ethernet rubbish on the M2's
but the 2 Intel 1000/Pro's are fine.

I've not noticed any USB issues, but we tend to leave the drivers
disabled; it's not much use on a server.  iLOM works nicely, gmirror's
solid as a rock, as is mpt (SCSI/SAS driver).

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/