Re: Load_Cycle_Count and ATA APM

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 08:22:32 +0100
Quoting Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com> (from Tue, 5 Feb 2008
22:38:27 +0200):

> [Replying to the original list of the recipients].
>
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 05:36:57PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Quoting Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com> (from Tue, 5 Feb 2008
>> 15:02:10 +0200):
>>
>> >I noted that when idle, my laptop HDD increases the Load_Cycle_Count
>> >(193) approx. each ten seconds, as reported by smartctl. Have recently
>> >read about the Ubuntu and APM mode for hard drives, I searched for the
>> >tool to tune APM (that has functionality similar to linux' hdparm -B).
>> >
>> >It seems that FreeBSD does not have a tool ? Am I wrong ? In case I did
>> >not make a mistake, below is the patch that allows to manage APM state
>> >of the hard drive using atacontrol.
>>
>> Any chance to also handle automatic acoustic management at the same time?
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/ata_setcap.2.patch

Yeah, fast. :)

Whitespace error for the comment in the line of the ATA_SF_DIS_AAC define?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of
an oncoming train.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137