Re: ps/2 mouse patch [intellimouse explorer detection]

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:55:00 +0200
Still nobody comes forward. Is there any maintainer of psm driver?

As a final authority I am forced to quote now Microsoft itself on this
matter:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/input/5b_wheel.mspx

I've also found a PR for the similar hardware from the same vendor with
the same symptoms:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/118578

I am moving this discussion there now, but knowing how the PRs are
handled for the bits without a maintainer or with very-low-activity
maintainer[*], this is a cry of hope and desperation.

[*] - Well, I know that I am talking about very old code, for very old
protocol where things should have long been settled. But apparently
there are cases when the code works in 99% of cases and nobody cares
about the rest 1%, even if that percent is not some quirky hardware, but
the hardware that does follows its specification, only too rigidly.

--
Andriy Gapon