Re: boot0sio working for anyone?

From: Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:45:26 +0100
On Sat, 09.02.2008 at 09:43:36 +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2008, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
> > So, is boot0sio supposed to just work with a cheap USB->RS232 dongle
> > at the other end? I don't know how this paragraph from boot0cfg(8) is
> > affecting me.
> >

> >      -b boot0
> >              Specify which `boot0' image to use.  The default is
> > /boot/boot0 which will use the video card as output, alternatively
> > /boot/boot0sio can be used for output to the COM1 port.  (Be aware
> > that nothing will be output to the COM1 port unless the modem signals
> > DSR and CTS are active.)
>
> If by "other end" you mean the PC that ISN'T using boot0sio then I think
> it would work fine.

Yes, my laptop is connected to the machine in question via USB->RS232
dongle.

I guess I'll have to rebuild boot blocks, loader and kernel with default
CONSPEED of 9600. Perhaps that is the problem here (although loader and
kernel work fine with 115200, perhaps that is too much for boot0sio).

Cheers,
Ulrich Spoerlein
--
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt.