Re: Broadcom Netlink BCM5906M

From: Thomas Nyström <thn_at_saeab.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:25:06 +0100
TooMany Secrets wrote:
> On 2/3/08, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please test the patch posted in this PR:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=118975
>
> This patch works fine... but only for a few minutes :-(
> If I open a ftp connection (local, with another computer in lan),
> start downlading anything but after 5-8 seconds, the connections
> become very slow, more slow and then is like stop it. After this, if I
> try to make a ping to anything (from freebsd to any machine or vice
> versa), the host appears down.
>
> There is nothing message in /var/log about this, also in dmesg. And
> the unique modules in system are "kernel", "acpi", "linux" and
> "logo_saver".
>
> Anybody could help me, please?

Some questions: Which version of FreeBSD are you running?
How do you recover? For example:
reboot
ifconfig bge0 down; ifconfig bge0 up
or what?

I tested to ftp a file from my laptop and back again (around 400 MB)
and couldn't see any problems, but I'm running at 6.3R.

/thn

Svensk Aktuell Elektronik AB                     Thomas Nyström
Box 10                                  Phone: +46 73 069 69 30
S-191 21  Sollentuna                        Fax: +46 8 35 92 89
Sweden                                      Email: thn_at_saeab.se