Re: Adaptec AHD U320 operating as only U160

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:08:36 -0800
On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 02:51:10PM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
> I hate to say it, but SCSI speed negotiation broke with 7.0.
> I'm working on fixing the problem, but it won't be fixed in time for
> the final 7.0 release.

I know.
I hope I've added to the body of knowledge of where the problem started.
You told me previously it could have been the addition of the Domain
Validation code.  Unfortuantely it isn't - it goes all teh way back to
the cut over to the "NEW TRANS" code.

> and I don't know of a workaround other than to tell you to read the
> camcontrol manpage section on the 'negotiate' command and play with
> that.

Using that I am not able to get U320  negotiatation.

--
-- David  (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)