Re: does this error message mean anything bad?

From: John-Mark Gurney <jmg_at_funkthat.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:20:12 -0800
Aryeh M. Friedman wrote this message on Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 07:49 -0500:
> Limiting closed port RST response from 266 to 200 packets/second.

Since everyone else has thrown their two bits in, it could also mean
that you have a busy server, and that you are exceeding 200
connections/sec, and that this is limiting the number of connections
we fully close per second.  If you are testing a web server over
gige w/ small files, you will usually run into this problem..

Upding the sysctl net.inet.icmp.icmplim will increase this limit.
Yes, I know it's not intuitive the ICMP limit is responsible for
TCP RST's, but that's the way it is...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579