hptrr driver panics on 7.0-RC2

From: Brian Biskeborn <bbiskebo_at_bosco.princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:07:36 -0500
Hello all,

I've reported this problem to HighPoint, but I'm curious to see whether
anyone else has run into it. I'm using a RocketRaid 2314MS card on an
amd64 system. When I boot the install CD for 7.0-RC2, the driver panics:

hptrr: (null): 180*32=5760 bytes
hptrr: (null): 180*288=51840 bytes

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address    = 0x3
fault code               = supervisor read data, page not present
instruction pointer      = 0x8:0xffffffff80502032
stack pointer            = 0x10:0xffffffff80fd0950
frame pointer            = 0x10:0xffffffff80822ecf
code segment             = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                          = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags         = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process          = 0 (swapper)
trap number              = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0

This is with no drives connected to the controller. My machine specs:
Dell Inspiron 531S
Processor: Athlon 64 X2 4000+
Motherboard: Asus M2N61-AX (seems to be made specifically for Dell) with
the MCP61 chipset

So: has anyone else seen a panic with this or other HighPoint cards? I
know HighPoint provides a binary blob for their driver, but could the
problem be in the wrapper code someplace?

I wish I could provide more information, but not being able to install
FreeBSD limits my options there. I had to take a picture of the screen
and type in the panic output by hand :)

Cheers,
Brian