Re: remaining problems with RELENG_7

From: Alexandre \ <alex.kovalenko_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:15:19 -0500
On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 09:08 +0100, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> There are 2 problems bugging me some time now, in RELENG_7. The first one is
> a regression:
> The snd_maestro Module only works properly after reloading it. Very strange.
>

> The other one might be a bug in Xorg or not. X entirely freezes when using
> /dev/sysmouse as mouse device. Only when the mouse moves, does X react to
> anything. Only the CTRL-ALT-FN events or CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE have any effect
> after moving the mouse. It's entirely unusuable this way. This problem
> existed on my Thinkpad before it burst into flame and it also exists on my
> new HP notebook.
> It also used to exist on my desktop, but it disappeared a couple of months ago.
>
> Without moused dynamically plugging in mouses using USB is not possible. So
> for notebook users this is very annoying.

Seems to be working fine here: ThinkPad X60, RELENG_7 as of late night
(EST) February 15th, xorg-server-1.4_4,1, xf86-input-mouse-1.2.3.

RabbitsDen# grep mouse xorg.conf
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
RabbitsDen#

I am using built-in stick and Logitech VX Revolution mouse.

If you'd like to compare anything else, please, let me know.