Re: nfs mounts don't work through fstab

From: Dominic Fandrey <LoN_Kamikaze_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:20:14 +0100
Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Dominic, good day.
>
> Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 02:47:51PM +0100, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
>> My nfs mounts haven't been working by their fstab entries, ever since I
>> switched to RELENG_7. Today I took the time tracking the issue down by
>> adding lots of printf to mount.c. I tracked the problem down to the
>> function
>> fstabscan() in the file "/usr/src/lib/libc/gen/fstab.c".
>>
>> The result of my testing was that it is now obligatory to set 'sw', 'ro' or
>> 'rw' in the options list.
>
> Could you, please, show your /etc/fstab?  I see that lib/libc/gen/fstab.c
> was last changed 4 years ago (not counting revision 1.15, where the
> advertising license clause was removed), so perhaps fstabscan() is
> not guilty.
>
> Thank you!

These 2 lines have been in use since 6.0 release:

mobileKamikaze:/usr/src /usr/src nfs -b,-T,-R=5,noauto 0 0
mobileKamikaze:/usr/obj /usr/obj nfs -b,-T,-R=5,noauto 0 0

They stopped working with the switch to RELENG_7.

# mount /usr/src/                                      0 /root
fstab: /etc/fstab:27: Inappropriate file type or format
fstab: /etc/fstab:28: Inappropriate file type or format
fstab: /etc/fstab:27: Inappropriate file type or format
fstab: /etc/fstab:28: Inappropriate file type or format

mount: /usr/src: unknown special file or file system

fstabscan() is the place where the "Inappropriate file type or format" error
is printed. The pointer char* cp either points to a string "rw", "ro" or
"sw". If none of these are present cp is a NULL-pointer when the final check
in line 207 is reached. So error(EFTYPE) is called.