cpu usage in 7.0

From: Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:54:06 -0800 (PST)
I have a dual core system running 7.0 and I can't get
top to show more than 100% usage no matter how I
hammer it. My MAC shows over 100% often, but its not
clear if top is averaging the 2 cpus or just not going
over 100, or just showing 1 of the cpus.

Is there any way to show the per-cpu usage to get an
idea of the overall efficiency of sharing? Are there
any tools that can be used to monitor this? What
exactly is top showing?

Thanks,

Barney

Be a better friend, newshound, and