(unknown charset) Re: 2 core dumps

From: (unknown charset) Mikael Ikivesi <mikael.ikivesi_at_pp.inet.fi>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:54:37 +0200

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 13:18 +0100, Svein Skogen wrote:

> Those deformed parts necessarily changes the airflow, and as such
> reduces the laptops chances of cooling itself.
<SNIP>
> Regards,
>
> Svein Skogen
>
> p.s. I've done my share of trying to deny the truth of hardware being
> defective. It didn't work, the hardware was just as dead as before I
> denied it being dead.

And at this point I would like to point out that no one in this threat
has complained about deformed and discolored laptop!

I understand that you might be having hundreds of mail per day and
having problems of carefully reading everything thru. But when answering
to people please read their mail first.

Alex Kovalenko kindly ASKED IF MY DEFINITION OF OVERHEATING WAS
DISCOLORED LAPTOP OR SOMETHING ELSE.

I tried to point out repeatedly that this laptop did not overheat while
crashing, neither became a grilled plastic heap before that.

It stays cool and quiet as it should. And under linux it still is fully
operational. And with FreeBSD it compiled freebsd world and ports again
last night without a crash (or overheating).

This thread was about getting more information about crashes and their
possible reasons. I am not saying that it is entirely impossible that
these are somehow caused by crappy laptop, but at least they are not
because of overheating.

-Mikael