Re: warning of pending commit attempt.

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:41:38 -0800
Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> would appear in all jails. I uses and expands on the jail infrastructure.
>
> wait a sec, does that mean that it expands jails and jails will then
> be called "vimages"? Or will it still be possible to have jails inside
> a virtual instance?

hmm i haven't actually tried a jail in a vimage, but it Should work I
think. I just rebooted my vimage machine for some other work and need
it for a while so I can't test it now..

just as there is an effective default jail for the base system, hter
eis an effective 'default jail' for a vimage, there canbe others as well.
Note that vimages a nesteable,  and you can assign subsets of stuff
between them in a nested manner as you would expect.

So a jail in a vimage would have to select one of the addressed
assigned to that vimage for it to be able to work.. of course you
can assigne the same address to many vimages if they are on  separate
disjoint unconnected networks. Something you can not do with jails
alone. (for example).