Re: Specific Swap Usage

From: Arne Schwabe <arne_at_rfc2549.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:20:34 +0100
Zaphod Beeblebrox schrieb:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Kris Kennaway <kris_at_freebsd.org
> <mailto:kris_at_freebsd.org>> wrote:
>

>     It shouldn't panic when it runs out of swap, it should just kill the
>     runaway process(es).
>

> I thought it killed the next process to allocate memory --- which is
> somewhat random.  What happens if the kernel  is the next entity to
> allocate memory?
Well swap is on a encrypted geli parition. It does not really recall the
exact message but googling suggested a bad hard disk. But the disks
(gmirror pair) are fine. The machine question was a 6.3-box. I made the
mistake to from boot from a 7.0 livedisk that updated my gmirror labels
I were forced to upgrade to 7.0.

If there is currently no ways to see which processes allocates how much
swap space are there any pointers where to look to implement such a feature?

Arne