Re: warning of pending commit attempt.

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:17:04 +0100
Marko Zec <zec_at_icir.org> writes:
> [about vimage]

One thing you haven't mentioned is sysctl.  I've always been of the
opinion that if we virtualize one part of the system, we should also
virtualize the sysctl tree.  This does not mean that each vimage should
have its own copy of the entire tree, but rather that it should be
possible to mark some sysctl nodes as virtualized.  For instance, it
would be useful on amd64 to be able to create an i386 vimage, where
hw.machine and hw.machine_arch would be "i386".

For PROC nodes, of course, this is easily done (as you already do) with
INIT_VPROCG(TD_TO_VPROGC(curthread)), but the basic node types (int,
long, string etc.) are a little trickier, and don't seem to be handled
in your patch.

(I probably just lost every shred of credibility by revealing that I
have actually read parts of the patch, but hey, them's the breaks...)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no