Re: a new way to hang 7.0

From: Mikhail Teterin <mi_at_bonkers.video-collage.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 16:16:26 -0500 (EST)
> >>has been hanging systems ever since it existed. Don't use it.
> >
> > Why does `dump' implore me to use it, then?

> Because the previous poster is being uncharitable with the facts :)

I'd say both previous posters reported problems -- their tone was
different, but both reported their glass being, uhm, less then full :)

> There are a history of problems with -L (more generally, UFS
> snapshots), but these are believed to have been fixed over the past 2
> years. Since you are claiming to have found a new one, please follow
> up with the usual kernel debugging so someone can try and study it.

I'll try, but I am not, unfortunately, well setup for kernel debugging.
Most of the time I only have one system, and can't afford to hang it even
for a short while.

> > I wonder, if this is also a problem on DragonFlyBSD...
>
> Since Dragonfly is FreeBSD 4 + some stuff it is unlikely that it even
> supports UFS snapshots.

Yes, you are right. I confused the -L with the -C option...

Thanks,

	-mi