Re: idle priority scheduling broken in 7.0-BETA4

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 21:50:49 +1100
On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 07:09:54PM -1000, Jeff Roberson wrote:
>Can you please try this experimental patch for ULE?  It re-enables the time
>slicing code for idle prio and realtime tasks that are not fifo.

I still had boinc running at "nice -n 19" and the system wouldn't
boot: It started boinc, reported it was checking the apache.conf and
didn't go any further.  I couldn't kill boinc or setiathome from ddb
and had to push the reset button.  I will look at the patch more
closely tomorrow but it looks suspiciously like it stopped
time-slicing.

--
Peter Jeremy