Re: [patch] Auto-setting hz to 100 inside QEMU/VMWare

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:03:23 -0500
On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 10:27:28PM -0600, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> It looks like we're going to go with an alternate implementation that
> resides in the loader instead.  The effect will be the same, and it should
> be committed within a few days.

I've attached a proof of concept patch that does this in forth in the
loader.  I've been using something similar for a while; this patch isi
cleaned up somewhat and I've added the kenv strings from Mike's patch.

I've only tried it out with qemu so far.  I'd appreciate reports of any
testing with other emulators, and comments from loader/forth gurus.

-Ed