Memory problem with latest malloc.c

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 17:49:26 -0500
GNOME applications use a Python driven XML parser to generate help
document translations.  The engine takes the English XML document and
applies translations to it.  The tool, xml2po, is installed as part of
textproc/gnome-doc-utils.  I'm currently working on porting GNOME 2.21,
and one of the Evolution help doc changes triggered a memory problem on
my test machine.  Basically, with up to and including rev 1.154 of
malloc.c, I am able to generate the help file with no errors.  With all
later revs including 1.160, the Python process balloons up to about 512
MB of memory, then dies.

The only malloc config I've done is symlink Aj to /etc/malloc.conf.  I'd
be happy to provide the file an exact command used, but it might be
easier to let me know if there's any debugging I could provide that
would help here.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome_at_FreeBSD.org