Re: FreeBSD on Asus EEE PC

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:39:37 +0900
On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 04:51:14PM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
 > At 1:12 PM -0800 1/2/08, Kip Macy wrote:
 > >Do you know what network chip it uses?
 > >
 > > -Kip
 >
 > One of my friends has an Eee with freebsd working on it.  I believe
 > he had to do some work to get the network card running, but he has
 > it working okay now.  I'll see if he's following this mailing list.

I'm also interesting in Atheros(Attansic) PHY. One user reported
nfe(4) stability issues on CURRENT and I noticed the PHY was made by
Atheros.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-December/081560.html

I even wrote a simple PHY driver for it but I need more information
for the PHY hardware. You can get a latest atphy(4) at the following
URL. The PHY driver doesn't take care of fast ethernet PHY so it
needs more work.(Note, I don't have any Attansic hardwares so it's
guess work and it may not even work at all.)
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/atphy.diff

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon