Re: When will ZFS become stable?

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 15:36:04 +0000 (GMT)
On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Ivan Voras wrote:

> As far as I know about the details of implementation and what would it take
> to fix the problems, is it safe to assume ZFS will never become stable
> during 7.x lifetime?

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet in the thread, but another thing
worth taking into account in considering the stability of ZFS is whether or
not Sun considers it a production feature in Solaris.  Last I heard, it was
still considered an experimental feature there as well.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge