Re: ZFS on AMD64 - any recent crashes?

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:30:32 +0100
> In light of the recent discussion about ZFS stability, does anyone still
> have kmem_map_too_small panics on AMD64 after tuning it (as presented in
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSTuningGuide)?

Not sure if you wanted negatives, but I have not seen such crashes on any of
the three amd64 systems I'm running ZFS on (3 gb, 4 gb and 4 gb of RAM). The
only tuning done is to increase the kmem size and arc_max and disabling
prefetch. The increase in kmem was not to avoid crashes, but was to
accomodate the larger arc_max chosen.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org